Spending your winter holiday on two wheels is wonderful experience in your Sri Lanka Holiday. Cycling with My Ceylon Adventure in Sri Lanka is not just padding tour; you will ride through different terrains, explore beautiful landscapes, history of Sri Lanka and connects with culture and people.
Every day brings you confident about you and keeps interesting in your cycling holiday in Sri Lanka. Life Time experience and Tour will be ended with amazing epic Christmas story!!!
Airport – Negombo
Our official representative meets and welcomes you at the Airport and proceeds to Negombo Hotel.
Evening cycling in Negombo fishing village do the fine-tunings of Cycles and experience fishing village. 1st Day usually you will not get more activities; you need rest for ride in next day. You will cycle approximately 20 – 25 Km
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Negombo.
- Optional: Evening cycling in Negombo fishing Village.
- Overnight stay in Negombo.
- –Luxury Package:Jetwing Lagoon – Deluxe Room (Boutique Hotel) or similar hotel. More info about hotel (www.jetwinghotels.com/jetwinglagoon/ )
- –Premium Package: Goldi Sands Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel. More info about hotel (www.goldisands.com/)
- –Standard Package:Villa Palma – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel. More info about Hotel (www.villapalmaresortsrilanka.com)
Negombo – Sigiriya
You will start the cycle early morning 1st session after cycling Kurunagala 25 Km and proceed to Sigiriya by vehicle and evening cycling to Sigiriya rock and explore countryside in elephant back. Total travel distance to Sigiriya 165 Km and cycling distance approximately 40 – 70 Km. this is flat route and daytime temperature 32 – 35 C°.
- Early Morning cycling to Sigiriya.
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Evening cycling in Sigiriya countryside.
- Dinner & Overnight stay in Sigiriya .
- –Luxury Package: Chaaya Village – Superior Room (4 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about hotel (http://www.chaayahotels.com/ChaayaVillage.htm)
- –Premium Package:Kassapa Lion Rock Hotel – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
More info about hotel (http://www.kassapalionsroc.com)
- –Standard Package:Asnara Village Hotel – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about Hotel (http://www.asnaravillagelk.com/home.htm)
Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa
This is soft and flat cycling trail and you will cycle through moderate route and approximate cycling distance 40 – 60 Km and you will explore proud history of Sri Lankan by two wheel. Evening cycling in Polonnaruwa lake and experience low country landscapes and evening sunset with scenic countryside sceneries
- Early morning Elephant Back ride.
- After Breakfast cycling to Polonnaruwa through the countryside.
- Cycle in Polonnaruwa sacred city.
- Evening cycling through Paddy field and Lake.
- Optional: Elephant Safari in Minneriya National Park.
- Overnight stay in Polonnaruwa.
- –Luxury Package:The Deer Park Hotel – Superior Room (4 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about hotel (http://www.deerparksrilanka.com)
- –Premium Package: Hotel Sudu Araliya – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel
More info about hotel (http://www.hotelsuduaraliya.com)
- –Standard Package:The Village Hotel – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about Hotel (http://www.polonnaruwavillage.com)
Total distance approximately Cycling Distance 40 – 70 km
In the 12th c. AD, the medival capital of Polonnaruwa was one of the great urban centres in South asia. Today, the well preserved ruins give you the chance to experience the grandeur of this period and marvel at the artistry of the island’s early craftsmen.
Located 142km from Colombo, polonnaruwa was the island’s second ancient capital. Many of the existing ruins owe their contruction to Parakramabahu the Great, the last in a sequence of warrior-kings, who developed the city on a lavish scale. He is also credited with the massive artificial lake that lies to the west of the city, the sea of Parakrama.
Polonnaruwa – Kithulgala
After breakfast you will cycle through the Polonnaruwa water tank to Bankamunuan Junction about 45 Km. it is flat route and you will ride through canal,countryside and wilderness area.
You will ride through two national parks boundaries and it is uncommon cycling trail but one of most scenic cycling trail. Most of travellers may not cycle this trail due to lack of information. Perhaps if you are lucky enough you might spot wild elephants near the elephant fence.
After Bakamuna you will proceed to top of Knuckles by vehicle or if you are fit enough you can cycle to top of Knuckles mountain range. You will get packed lunch and you will trek to Knuckles gap and experience fauna and flora in Mystery Mountain.
You will reach to Kithulgala late evening.
- After Breakfast cycling to Matale through the countryside .
- En-route trekking in the Knuckles mountain range.
- Overnight stay at Forest Edge Hotel (Kithulgala).
More information (https://forestedge.bookings.lk/)
Kithulgala – Nuwera Elliya
Cycling to Nuwera Elliya is awesome and it is the epic story of your Sri Lanka Cycling holiday. Cycling attitude starts 300 meters to 1885 meters. It is uphill trail and this is the most beautiful cycling trail in Sri Lanka. You are cycling through tea plantation, scenic mountains and valley. From Kandy to Nuwera Ellia total distance would be 78 km and you will cycle approximately average 60 Km. if you fitness enough you can ride further
- Early morning White Water Rafing in Kithulgala.
- After Breakfast early morning cycling to Nuwera Elliya through tea plantations.
- En-route visit to Tea factory and experience plucking tea.
- Lunch will be arranged in Nuwera Elliya.
- Evening city walk in Nuwera Elliya.
- Dinner & Overnight stay in Nuwera Elliya .
- –Luxury Package:Langdale Resort & Spa – Standard Room (Boutique Hotel) or similar.
More info about hotel (http://www.amayaresorts.com)
- –Premium Package:Gayway Forest Lodge – Standard Room (3 star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about hotel (http://www.galwayforest.com)
- –Standard Package:Sun Hill Hotel – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar hotel.
More info about Hotel (http://www.sunhill.lk)
Total distance approximately 125 Km and Cycling Distance 40 – 70 km
Nuwera Elliya – Yala
After Breakfast you will drive to Ella (54 Km) and you will start the cycling in Ella.
Ella to Wellawaya downhill cycling trail approximately 20 Km and you will cycle through “Ravana” lived area and which triangle epic love story based on Rama, Sita and Ravana.
You will cycling approximately 60 – 80 Km and you are cycling buffer zone of the national parks, if you are lucky you can see deer, elephant over the electric fence.
Lunch will be served at the campsite.
Evening your safari will be started at 3 p.m. and until 5.30 p.m. you will be in Safari in Yala national park. After Safari proceed to Hotel by Safari Jeep
- Early morning after Breakfast cycling to Yala.
- Evening Safari in Yala National Park.
- Overnight stay in Tissamaharama .
- –Luxury Package:Ceylon Wild Safari Camping – Deluxe Tented Camp
More info about hotel (www.wildceylon.com)
- –Premium Package: Ceylon Wild Safari Camping – Standard Tented Camp.
More info about hotel (http://www.wildceylon.com)
- –Standard Package:Jayasinghe Holiday Resort – Standard Room (1 Star Hotel) or similar.
More info about Hotel (http://www.jayasinghehotels.com)
After Breakfast proceed to departure